Here’s some information from Susan Estes, who is one of the organizers for the Wichita tax day tea party:
Tea Party plans are rolling along! There is genuine excitement to get involved in one of the many peaceful and orderly tea parties being held across Kansas and the nation. Here are a few updates for the Taxpayer Tea Party at 4:15 p.m. in Wichita on Wednesday, April 15:
We have a few fun surprises planned that I hope you will enjoy. Additionally, the following people, or one of their representatives, will speak:
- Nancy Armstrong, veteran, blogger and organizer
- Cheryl Green, farmer, mother and organizer
- Susan Estes, Americans for Prosperity and organizer
- Shari Weber, American Majority
- Sedgwick County Commissioner Karl Peterjohn
- State Representative Jason Watkins
- State Senator Susan Wagle
- Congressman Jerry Moran
- Vicki Tiahrt on behalf of Congressman Todd Tiahrt
- US Senator Sam Brownback
Staying in Touch
You can be among the first to receive notice of legislative updates and future events.
We’re on Facebook — Send a friend request to me, Susan Oliver Estes, and join Americans for Prosperity and Americans for Prosperity Kansas.
- Susan Estes on Facebook
- Americans For Prosperity on Facebook
- Americans For Prosperity – Kansas on Facebook
We Twitter — You can follow Americans for Prosperity Kansas. Should we have last minutes changes we’ll send out a message so you’ll be the first to know. Just go click on twitter.com/AFPKansas.
On the web — wichitateaparty.com
Please help us be good guests on airport grounds. It is important that we not park on:
- Main roads such as Harry Street
- At the entrances of businesses
- On the grass of Airport grounds
- Best Western property
We can park on:
- Side streets. There are many off of Harry Street.
- In the field west of Best Western, on the access road for Kellogg. There will be signs to guide you. From Kellogg take the Airport exit and follow the signs to the access road on the south side of Kellogg towards Dugan Road. Buses will shuttle you to the event location.
We can always use more volunteers to help with parking. If you can help out, please email me at email@example.com.
If you don’t want to make a sign but do want to make a statement, consider bring a plunger. After all, government needs to be unclogged!
I look forward to seeing you all there!