Here’s an insight from the book Milton Friedman wrote with his wife Rose: Free to Choose: A Personal Statement. It explains why government spending is wasteful, how it leads to corruption, how it often does not benefit the people it was intended, and how the pressure for more spending is always present. For more on this, see Friedman: The fallacy of the welfare state.
- Bob WeeksJune 20, 2022Explore the economic record of presidents in an interactive visualization. (more…)
- Bob WeeksJune 20, 2022In Kansas for May 2022, the labor force grew, the number of people working fell slightly, and the unemployment rate fell, all compared to the previous month. Over the year, Kansas ...
- Bob WeeksJune 12, 2022For May 2022, Kansas tax revenue was 13.6 percent less than May 2021. Collections through the first eleven months of the fiscal year are 9.7 percent greater than the prior year. (...
- Bob WeeksJune 11, 2022Was the America of a few generations ago preferable to today? (more…)
- Bob WeeksJune 9, 2022A popular social media post makes a bogus appeal to authority. (more…)