Here’s a timeline of events from the tenure of Lavonta Williams on the Wichita City Council. These are events related to cronyism and disrepect for the people of Wichita — except for her campaign contributors. For them, she voted for no-bid contracts and other taxpayer-funded largess. The behavior of Williams is one of the reasons that Wichita needs pay-to-play laws that prevent council members from voting to enrich their significant campaign contributors.
- Bob WeeksMay 4, 2022Wichita has delayed maintaining Century II's roof, and it needs repair. (more…)
- Bob WeeksJanuary 1, 2022While Wichita economic development leaders have tried to turn Wichita into a hub of information technology-related industry, it has not worked so far. (more…)
- Bob WeeksDecember 30, 2021How has Wichita fared since the start of the pandemic compared to other metropolitan areas? (more…)
- Bob WeeksNovember 10, 2021The City of Wichita property tax mill levy rose slightly for 2021. (more…)
- Bob WeeksOctober 30, 2021A Wichita developer makes generous campaign contributions to a city council candidate, raising questions about both parties. (more…)