Here is the effect of the pandemic — or rather, the effect of the response to the pandemic — on Wichita metropolitan area employment. For more data on this topic, see Wichita jobs and employment, April 2020.
- Bob WeeksSeptember 13, 2023The share of state revenue from federal sources varies widely among states. (more…)
- Bob WeeksAugust 31, 2023For the Wichita metropolitan area in July 2023, major employment indicators declined slightly from the prior month. (more…)
- Bob WeeksAugust 3, 2023For the Wichita metropolitan area in June 2023, major employment indicators were steady or declined slightly from the prior month. (more…)
- Bob WeeksAugust 1, 2023In the first quarter of 2023, the Kansas economy grew at the annual rate of 6.0 percent. Gross Domestic Product rose in all states, with Kansas ranking fourth. (more…)
- Bob WeeksJuly 31, 2023Monthly retail sales by state and major retail sector, in an interactive visualization. (more…)