Walter Williams explains the difference between counterfeiting and monetary policy. He explains that “inflation results from an increase in the supply of money relative to the demand for money.” He asks who, then, is responsible for inflation? In the United states, who is able to create money? The answer, of course, is the Federal Reserve System, and they’re creating it by the bucketful. Williams asks whether we really need our central bank, and answers his question with a history lesson. He makes a recommendation how to get ouy of the trouble we’re in.
- Bob WeeksDecember 3, 2022Employment in large counties, including Sedgwick County and others of interest. (more…)
- Bob WeeksDecember 1, 2022For the Wichita metropolitan area in October 2022, the major employment indicators barely changed from the prior month. (more…)
- Bob WeeksNovember 5, 2022Explore the economic record of presidents, starting with Harry S Truman. Updated with recent data. (more…)
- Bob WeeksNovember 4, 2022For the Wichita metropolitan area in September 2022, the unemployment rate was unchanged, while the labor force and the number of jobs fell slightly from the previous month. (more...
- Bob WeeksOctober 22, 2022Explore the economic record of presidents, starting with Harry S Truman. Updated with recent data. (more…)