Walter Williams explains the difference between counterfeiting and monetary policy. He explains that “inflation results from an increase in the supply of money relative to the demand for money.” He asks who, then, is responsible for inflation? In the United states, who is able to create money? The answer, of course, is the Federal Reserve System, and they’re creating it by the bucketful. Williams asks whether we really need our central bank, and answers his question with a history lesson. He makes a recommendation how to get ouy of the trouble we’re in.
- Bob WeeksJune 20, 2022Explore the economic record of presidents in an interactive visualization. (more…)
- Bob WeeksJune 20, 2022In Kansas for May 2022, the labor force grew, the number of people working fell slightly, and the unemployment rate fell, all compared to the previous month. Over the year, Kansas ...
- Bob WeeksJune 12, 2022For May 2022, Kansas tax revenue was 13.6 percent less than May 2021. Collections through the first eleven months of the fiscal year are 9.7 percent greater than the prior year. (...
- Bob WeeksJune 11, 2022Was the America of a few generations ago preferable to today? (more…)
- Bob WeeksJune 9, 2022A popular social media post makes a bogus appeal to authority. (more…)