What is the effect of the issuance of business welfare in Wichita, of the intervention in the economy by politicians? Based on an article by Bob Weeks, Amanda BillyRock illustrates — literally — the harm caused when government intervenes in the economy. Thanks also to Henry Hazlitt for the insights in his simple but imposing book Economics in One Lesson.
- Bob WeeksNovember 3, 2022When deciding whether to vote for incumbent Sedgwick County Commissioners, consider the recent economic history of the county. (more…)
- Bob WeeksNovember 1, 2022One of the most important functions of Sedgwick County is providing emergency medical services (EMS). In this, the county has failed. (more…)
- Bob WeeksOctober 31, 2022Although the rate is slowing, Sedgwick County loses many people to migration. (more…)
- Bob WeeksOctober 31, 2022In an index ranking counties in talent attraction, Sedgwick County has not performed well, although there is some improvement. (more…)
- Bob WeeksNovember 16, 2020Sedgwick County Republicans have a chance to do the decent thing and avoid the spectacle of a rump county commissioner. Rump: a small or inferior remnant or offshoot especially: a...