Last year the Wichita City Council was faced with a decision regarding a program designed to stimulate the sales of new homes. Analysis revealed that even though the city had an opportunity to make an investment with a purportedly high return on investment, it would be better off, dollar-wise, if it did not make the investment. What did the city council do? The following video explains the decision the council faced. View below, or click here to view in High Definition on YouTube. More information is at Wichita new home tax rebate program: The analysis and Wichita HOME program has negative consequences.
Wichita City Council makes an uneconomic decision
Bob Weeks0 Comments1 Min Read
- Bob WeeksMay 4, 2022Wichita has delayed maintaining Century II's roof, and it needs repair. (more…)
- Bob WeeksJanuary 1, 2022While Wichita economic development leaders have tried to turn Wichita into a hub of information technology-related industry, it has not worked so far. (more…)
- Bob WeeksDecember 30, 2021How has Wichita fared since the start of the pandemic compared to other metropolitan areas? (more…)
- Bob WeeksNovember 10, 2021The City of Wichita property tax mill levy rose slightly for 2021. (more…)
- Bob WeeksOctober 30, 2021A Wichita developer makes generous campaign contributions to a city council candidate, raising questions about both parties. (more…)